What You Should Know Before Filing a Trust or Guardianship Petition in the Delaware Court of Chancery

If you are like most lawyers, you have not often – if at all – had to file petitions to name a guardian, petitions to change or appoint a trustee, or similar petitions pertaining to trusts or guardians. That is probably true even if you practice primarily in the Court of Chancery, where these petitions are filed.

But wouldn’t it be nice to know how to do it if you ever had to? The purpose of this article is to provide you with the some of the basics to help get you started.


William M. Kelleher, Director
Gordon, Fournaris & Mammarella, P.A.